Using komoot on your Apple Watch
If you have an Apple Watch and an iPhone, you can download the komoot app to your watch and use it in Companion Mode to record your Tours.
Note: The app is available for Apple Watch 3, 4, SE, 5 and 6 (and newer) with the WatchOS 7.0 and newer. You will be able to see your last 20 planned tours from the iPhone.This connection only works for the iPhone.
Setting up the connection
The navigation via the komoot app on the Apple Watch is only possible when your phone is connected via bluetooth to your Apple Watch at all times. To set up the connection follow the steps below:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your phone. If you have komoot installed on your phone, you will find the komoot Watch app under “available apps”. Click “install”.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone as well as on the Watch.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your phone and choose “Pair new watch”.
- Follow the instructions by Apple. You can also read more about the pairing process here.
Note: You need to be logged in to komoot on your phone in order to use the Apple Watch app and that you need to have the region unlocked in which the Tour starts.
Starting the navigation
There are two ways of starting a navigation (or a recording) with the Apple Watch connection. You can pause, resume and finish the Tour from both devices afterwards.
Starting the navigation on your phone
To receive navigation instructions on the watch:
- Make sure that the Apple Watch and your phone are connected.
- Open the komoot app on your phone.
- Select the Tour you want to navigate.
- Start the navigation on your phone.
- Navigation instructions will then appear on the Apple Watch screen.
Tip: Make sure that you have notifications enabled (click the “Functions” button during navigation > Enable notifications) and give komoot permission in your phone settings to send notifications.
Clicking on one of the navigation instructions on the watch will open the komoot app and you can pause, resume and finish the Tour from the watch (or your phone). Saving a Tour can only be done on the phone.
Starting the navigation from your Apple Watch
You can also start a navigation via your Apple Watch:
- Open the komoot app on the Watch.
- Choose the Tour you want to navigate.
- Start the navigation.
- While navigating you can pause, resume and finish the Tour from the Watch or your phone. Saving a Tour can only be done on the phone.
Note: It isn't possible to stop the navigation on your phone and continue the navigation only on the watch.
Customizing data fields
You have the option to customize the information you can see on the watch during the navigation, like for example time, speed or heart rate. By tapping on the data field on your navigation screen, you can choose which information you would like to see. When you swipe to the right panel screen, you will also have an overview of three different data fields, where you can choose the information you want to see by tapping on them.
Syncing to Apple Health
The Apple Health app automatically starts a workout whenever the komoot watch app is running. After saving a Tour, it will be synced to your Apple Workouts where you can see your heart rate and calories related to your komoot Tour in the Apple Health App.
Note: Recorded data like calories and heart rate will not be visible in komoot.
Artículos en esta sección