If you see this message on your Garmin device you will need to delete courses from your device.
“Your device can't store any more courses. Clear up some space by deleting some courses off your device and try again.”
Even if your Garmin device has more storage capacity in general, komoot can only save up to 10 tours in the "Courses" folder. The error message indicates that the storage space for komoot courses has been exhausted.
Note: Komoot synchronizes the five most recently planned tours to your device's courses folder. However, if you have planned more than five tours within the last two months, we will synchronize a maximum of up to ten tours.
Tip: For the best experience when utilizing komoot tours on your Garmin device, we strongly recommend using the komoot app for Garmin. Learn here how to install it.
What to do next
- If your device supports the komoot app for Garmin, it's essential to deactivate the Garmin Courses integration. This ensures that the maximum number of Courses available for komoot isn't quickly depleted. The transfer of tours will then be managed through the komoot app for Garmin or the "Send to device" feature. Learn here how to do that: Disable komoot/ Garmin Courses synchronization.
- If your device supports the komoot app for Garmin, it's important to disable route synchronization. This ensures that the maximum number of routes available for komoot isn't quickly depleted. The transfer of tours will then be managed through the komoot app for Garmin.
- Delete Courses from the device folder or via connecting device to computer.
Note: The name of the "Courses" folder may vary depending on the Garmin device and firmware version. For example:
Deleting from the Garmin device
- Go to the "Navigation" menu on your device.
- Select "Courses" from the options.
- Look for "Saved Courses" and delete the tour from there.
If your device does not have a Courses/ Tours/ GPX folder, refer to the device manual to see if deleting tours from the device is available and where to find it. If your device doesn't have this option delete them via connecting you device to computer.
Deleting via connecting device to computer
You have the option to manually delete tours by connecting your Garmin device to your computer using a USB cable and deleting the tour from the "Courses" folder. You can find a guide on how to do this in this Garmin article.
Articles in this section
- The komoot app for Garmin devices
- Garmin error message: Device can't store any more courses
- Garmin error message: 'Send to device' – Prompt to download the app
- Disable komoot/ Garmin Courses synchronization
- Deleting komoot Tours from a Garmin device
- Komoot app for Garmin: Navigate and update Tours (manually)
- Komoot app for Garmin: Installation and connecting the accounts
- Komoot app for Garmin: "Send to Device" feature – Transfer Tours to Garmin and update them while navigating
- Komoot features available in the komoot App for Garmin
- Use komoot Tours with Garmin Courses Sync integration