In order to make room for better possibilities, we sometimes need to let go of extra things. That’s why, as of April 1, 2023, we no longer offer Premium protection insurance for new and renewing komoot Premium subscriptions. Premium users from Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands whose subscription renews before March 31, 2023, will still have access to existing insurance coverage until their next subscription renewal date.
Why is komoot removing Premium Protection?
While Premium protection may have been helpful for some, we found the majority of our users had no interest in insurance or were already insured elsewhere. By making this change, we can keep our prices stable and concentrate on enhancing the features that Premium users value most.
When will my insurance coverage expire?
If your Premium subscription started or renewed before March 31, 2023, you will have access to your existing insurance coverage until your next subscription renewal date. All Premium subscriptions starting or renewing after April 1, 2023, will no longer include Premium protection insurance.
Premium subscription was taken out on June 29, 2022. The renewal date is therefore June 29, 2023. The insurance will continue to be active until this date. After June 29, 2023, the Premium subscription will continue, but without the Premium protection insurance.
Here you can see when your Premium subscription will next renew:
If you purchased your Premium subscription on our website:
If you purchased your subscription in the Google Play Store, proceed as follows:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions > Subscriptions.
- Select komoot.
If you purchased your subscription in the Apple AppStore, do the following:
- Open the phone settings on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Click on your name/ AppleID.
- Go to subscriptions.
- Select komoot.
How can I make sure I continue to stay safe on my adventures?
Safety is a top priority for all of us. Here are some features from komoot to help you stay safe while going further:
- Live Tracking - Give others access to your live location while you record your Tours, and share extra safety insights for added peace of mind, such as your route, your phone’s battery level, and your ETA.
- On-Tour weather - Let komoot keep an eye on the clouds and warn you ahead of time when things aren’t looking so good. Dynamic weather forecasts cover every inch of your adventure.
- Route warnings - Be it a rough road, private land or a particularly steep stretch of trail, komoot’s tips deliver helpful info about your route’s characteristics, so you can better prepare yourself for your adventure.
What is komoot doing to make Premium better?
Your Premium subscription gives you access to a growing list of exciting features. From 3D Maps and sport-specific maps to personal Collections and more, Premium has everything you need to truly go further. We work everyday to improve your komoot experience and we continue to plan and build features that help you make the most of every single moment out there.
Tip: Check out some of the exciting new features and app updates we’ve launched over the last few months.
Articles in this section