To remove Tours from your Garmin device, it is best to do it directly through the Garmin device itself. Alternatively, you can connect your Garmin device to a computer and delete the files in the folder. The komoot app for Garmin only offers the function to delete Tours on Garmin watches that do not have the ability to save Tours on the watch.
Tip: If you are using the "Send to Device" feature, it is recommended to deactivate the Courses Sync to prevent automatic backfilling. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to deactivate it.
Deleting from the Garmin device
Since the storage location of externally transferred Tours can vary depending on the Garmin device, it is recommended to refer to the user manual of your device in case the instructions described below are not applicable:
- Go to the "Navigation" menu on your device.
- Select "Courses" from the options.
- Look for "Saved Courses" and delete the Tour from there.
If your device does not have a Courses/ Tours/ GPX folder, refer to the device manual to see if deleting Tours from the device is available and where to find it. If your device doesn't have this option, delete the Tour by connecting the device to a computer.
Deleting via connecting device to computer
You have the option to manually delete Tours by connecting your Garmin device to your computer using a USB cable and deleting the Tour from the "Courses" folder. You can find a guide on how to do this in this Garmin article.
Note: The name of the "Courses" folder may vary depending on the Garmin device and firmware version. For example:
Deleting within the komoot app for Garmin
Deleting Tours through the komoot App for Garmin is only possible on Garmin watches that can exclusively use komoot navigation. This article provides an overview of which watches that are. Watches that can use both Garmin and komoot navigation need to delete Tours directly from the watch itself (see Deleting from the Garmin device).
To remove a Tour from your Garmin watch, follow these steps:
- Open the komoot app on your Garmin device.
- Open the Tour you want to delete.
- Reset the Offline switch.
Attention: If your Tours are not only transferred via the komoot app for Garmin but are also saved in the Courses folder, then resetting the toggle will only remove the offline data and not the Tour itself from the device.
Articles in this section
- The komoot app for Garmin devices
- Garmin error message: Device can't store any more courses
- Garmin error message: 'Send to device' – Prompt to download the app
- Disable komoot/ Garmin Courses synchronization
- Deleting komoot Tours from a Garmin device
- Komoot app for Garmin: Navigate and update Tours (manually)
- Komoot app for Garmin: Installation and connecting the accounts
- Komoot app for Garmin: "Send to Device" feature – Transfer Tours to Garmin and update them while navigating
- Komoot features available in the komoot App for Garmin
- Use komoot Tours with Garmin Courses Sync integration