Deleting komoot Tours from a Garmin device
To remove Tours from your Garmin device you can do so either via the Garmin Connect website, via connecting your device to a computer and for some devices it's also possible to delete Tours directly on the device itself.
Deleting via Garmin Connect website
To delete Tours via the Garmin Connect website, follow these instructions:
- Login to the Garmin Connect website.
- Go to "Training & Planning" > "Courses" or follow this link: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/courses.
- If needed, reset all map filters by clicking on "Show everything".
- Hovering over the title of the course you want to delete shows a bin-icon > click on the bin-icon.
- Confirm to delete the Tour by clicking "Delete".
Deleting via connecting device to computer
You have the option to delete Tours manually by connecting your Garmin device to your computer with a USB cable and deleting the Tour from the Courses folder. This Garmin article outlines the instructions.
Note: The name of the courses folder may vary depending on the Garmin device and firmware version. For example:
Deleting from Garmin device
For some Garmin devices, it is possible to delete Tours directly from the device. To check if your device supports this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Navigation" menu on your device.
- Select "Courses" from the options.
- Look for "Saved Courses" and delete the Tour from there.
If your device does not have a Courses/ Tours/ GPX folder, refer to the device manual to see if deleting Tours from the device is available and where to find it. If you device doesn't have this option, delete the Tours via the Garmin Connect website or via connecting the device to a computer.
Deleting within the komoot app for Garmin
If you only use the komoot app for Garmin and want to remove Tours from your device, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Unchecking the "Offline"-toggle within the komoot app on the Garmin will only remove the Tours from the device if the Tour was not auto-synced via Garmin Courses. Otherwise, delete the Tour via the Garmin Connect website or via connecting the device to a computer.
Tip: Check if the Courses Sync is deactivated. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to deactivate it.
To remove a Tour from your Garmin device, follow these steps:
- Open the komoot app on your Garmin device.
- Open the Tour you want to delete.
- Reset the Offline switch.
Attention: If your Tours are not only transferred via the komoot app for Garmin but are also saved in the Courses folder, then resetting the toggle will only remove the offline data and not the Tour itself from the device.
Articles in this section
- The komoot app for Garmin devices
- Disable komoot/ Garmin Courses synchronization
- Deleting komoot Tours from a Garmin device
- Komoot app for Garmin: Navigate and update Tours (manually)
- Komoot app for Garmin: Installation and connecting the accounts
- Komoot app for Garmin: "Send to Device" feature – Transfer Tours to Garmin and update them while navigating
- Komoot features available in the komoot App for Garmin
- Use komoot Tours with Garmin Courses Sync integration
- Garmin devices compatible with komoot
- Importing GPX- or FIT files manually to Garmin