The Discover feed is your go-to place when you seek inspiration for your next adventures. Scroll through personalized content or use the search for Tour suggestions in a specific region. You can access the Discover feed by selecting the star icon () in the komoot app or selecting Discover in the menu on our website. If you don't see the Discover feed in your profile, this article explains how to activate it.
Finding Tours in Discover
The Tour suggestions you will receive after completing the steps described below consist of komoot Tour recommendations called Smart Tours.
Note: Currently there is no keyword search at komoot. If you are looking for a specific Tour title, enter the search term in combination with "komoot" in your search engine e.g. google.
- Go to www.komoot.com/discover
- Select a sport
- Enter the location you want to explore
- Click Search
- Filter based on Tour Duration, Difficulty or change the search radius in the top line
- To see the Tours on a map instead of the list view, change the view in the upper right corner
Note: The location displayed by default is based on your internet provider.
Tip: Here you find a selection of Collections for e.g the following sports: Hiking, Bike touring, Bikepacking, Mountain biking, Road cycling, Running or Mountain hikes. You will get the option to filter by region and category.
- Go to Discover ()
- Click Find your next adventure
- Select what you want to do
- Choose where you want to go
(Note: If you've selected Explore Worldwide you'll get a selection of Collections from the chosen location. Search for a place will suggest Tours in this area.)
- Filter by Duration () and Difficulty ()
- Change your Start point ()
- Scroll down to see the Tour suggestions
Note: The Current location is based on your GPS location. To change it, either tap on Start point () or edit Current location on the search bar on the top.
Tip: Use plus () and minus () on the map to zoom in and out. This way you will receive less or more suggestions in your search radius.
Discover Highlights or Collections
Under the displayed map you find the option to search for Highlights or Collections.
Select one of the suggested Highlights and either:
- Plan your own Tour by tapping Plan Route
- Bookmark () the Highlight to store it in your profile
- Browse Tours with this Highlight by scrolling down
Get inspired by handpicked Collections and choose this option to discover multi-day trips. Select a Collection and either:
- Bookmark () Collection, which will save it in your profile
- Choose a specific Tour out of the Collection: Save it in your profile, Start Navigation straight away or Plan Similar Tour by clicking More () on the top right corner
Content in Discover
The content of the Discover feed is specifically tailored for you. The content you find here consists of:
- Komoot Tour recommendations (Smart Tours)
- Sponsored or editorial Collections, curated by komoot editors or our partners
- Recorded Tours from users you follow
- Activities from other users who are active in your region and upload high quality Tours with pictures and high engagement
If you're wondering under which circumstances your own Tours might show up in Discover, please have a look at this article: Finding own Tours on Discover
Articles in this section