If you own a Bryton Rider 320, Rider 420 or Rider 750 you have the option to connect Bryton account with your komoot account. By doing so you will be able to navigate your komoot Tours on your Bryton device.
Note: Tours can only be transferred to Bryton if the region in which the Tour starts is unlocked in komoot.
How to set up the connection
Before setting up the connection, you need a komoot as well as a Bryton account. Download the Bryton Active app to your smartphone and connect it to your Bryton Rider. To do so the Bluetooth connection needs to be active. Follow this steps to set up the connection:
- Log in to your Bryton Active app
- Go to Course (the circled plus symbol)
- Tap on "My Route" and click on the plus-icon on the button right corner
- Choose "3rd party account link"
- Tap on "komoot"
- To enable the connection, activate the komoot switch
- You’ll be directed to the komoot website where you need to enter your komoot account credentials and login to your account
- Allow Bryton access to your komoot account by clicking Grant Access
Now the connection is established.
Attention: To ensure you are establishing the connection to the same komoot account, that you are using on the phone, please compare the used email address in your komoot profile settings in the app: Profile > Settings () > Profile Information.
Transferring Tours between komoot and Bryton
After setting up the connection, all your planned komoot Tours will be available in the Bryton Active app under Course (the circled plus symbol) > "My Route". Once your device is connected to WiFi the Tours will automatically be transferred with the next synchronization.
The Tours recorded on your Bryton are synchronized with the Bryton Active app. Note that the Tours are not automatically transferred to komoot. To get your Tours to komoot, you need to sync them manually. This article explains how to import GPS-files to komoot.
Navigating komoot Tours on Bryton
- Head to the Bryton Active app
- Tap on Course (the circled plus symbol)
- Choose "My Route" and select the Tour you want to navigate
- Click on the three dots next to the Tour name
- Hit Download to device as "Route" and follow the instructions on your device
After completing a navigation, your Tour will automatically sync to your Bryton profile and from there to your komoot profile.
Note: The navigation instructions on the device are by Bryton.
Articles in this section