Your Premium subscription will automatically renew after one year. How to update your payment details depends on the payment method you chose for making the purchase.
Tip: Find out how to view the renewal date and your current status.
This article does not apply to your case if you purchased our World Pack instead of the Premium subscription. The World Package is a one-time payment, there are no subsequent payments and therefore we do not store any payment data for your account.
Attention: If your Premium subscription has already expired, it is not possible to change the payment details. In this case, please contact the komoot support by submitting a request.
The update of the payment details depends on the payment method selected during the purchase. If you made the purchase through the komoot Shop on the website, the Website tab describes how to update the information. If you made the purchase through the Google PlayStore, select Android and for purchases through the Apple AppStore, use the iOS tab.
Note: If you do not find the described option to update the payment details on the website, please check the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore.
If you paid by Credit Card
- Log in to your komoot account from a PC or a mobile browser (not the app) at www.komoot.com
- Click on More () in the upper right corner
- Select Settings
- Click Premium
- Click Change in the Credit Card Details section
- Enter your new payment details
- Confirm with Update
If you paid by Paypal
If you want to change the account PayPal takes the annual amount from, you have to do it directly through PayPal.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on Wallet
- Select the payment method you want to update
Currently it is not possible to change the Paypal account or to switch between the payment methods from PayPal to credit card or vice versa. If you want to change the payment method, you have to cancel the subscription by deactivating the renewal and then subscribe again with the new payment method.
If you have purchased komoot Premium in the PlayStore, here's how to do it:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device
- At the top right, tap the profile icon
- Tap Payments & subscriptions > Payment methods > More (three dots) > Payment settings
- Tap Edit on the payment method you want to update
- Make your changes
- Click Update
Tip: This article explains how to add or edit payment method in PlayStore. If you have any further questions, please contact Google.
When you purchased komoot Premium from the Apple AppStore, do the following:
- Open the phone settings on your iPhone/ iPad
- Click on your name/ AppleID
- Tap Payment & Shipping
- Select the payment method you want to edit or
- Select Add Payment Method and follow the instructions
Tip: This article explains how to change or add your AppleID payment methods. If you have further questions about this, please contact Apple Support.
Articles in this section