If you own a Yamaha Display C that you use in combination with a Yamaha e-bike you can connect it to komoot, to get the komoot navigation instructions on the display. Your Yamaha Display C will show you the distance to the next cross road as well as the name of the street and turn by turn navigation arrows.
Establishing the connection
In order to establish the connection you have to set up a bluetooth connection between the your Smartphone and the Display C. To set up the connection, follow the steps below:
- Mount your Display C on your e-Bike and turn it on. You can then use the buttons on the left side of the steering bar to make changes on the Display C.
- In the komoot app you go to your profile, choose “settings” and then “Bluetooth Connect”. There you choose ”Yamaha E-bike”.
- komoot will start looking for your Display C, which will show up as soon as it is found and you can select it (bluetooth has to be turned on on your Display C)
- On your Display C go to the main menu. If the main menu does not show, press the “Select” button on your steering bar for a few seconds.
- Choose "Layout” in the menu of the Display C. There you choose “Compass" mode which you need for the navigation. The connection to komoot should be activated automatically.
- If the Bluetooth connection on your Display C does not establish automatically, you can go back to the main menu and choose “Bluetooth”. There you can choose from different Bluetooth profiles to active the connection. You do not have to select a specific profile in order to connect to komoot, but some profiles might work better in combination with your smartphone than others.
The Display C only functions as a display, which means that the bluetooth connection between your phone and the Display C has to be turned on during the whole Tour. You will not be able to transfer komoot Tours to your Display C and use the display without your phone.
Problems with the Bluetooth connection
If you are facing problem with the connection, please try to and disconnect and reconnect the display and your phone a few times. You can also try to choose a different Bluetooth profile on you Display C by selecting “Bluetooth” in the main menu and then testing the different profiles offered by the device. It can help to delete the komoot app.