Connecting with Meilan
You have the possibility to connect komoot with your Meilan M1 via Bluetooth. This way you will be able to receive the komoot navigation on your Meilan. When starting the navigation on your phone, you will see turn-by-turn navigation arrows, as well as the distance to the next cross road on your M1.
Note: Tours can only be navigated on the Meilan M1 if the region, in which the Tour starts, is unlocked in komoot.
How to set up the connection
In order to use the komoot navigation on your M1, you need to establish a Bluetooth connection between your M1 and your phone. To set up the connection, please follow the steps below:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone
On your Meilan device go to “Connect” in the main menu
Turn on “GPS”
Turn on “Bluetooth” and select the option ”Add device”
- In the komoot app go to Profile () > Settings () > Bluetooth Connect > Meilan bike computer
- On your Meilan, the komoot logo will appear together with the name of your phone > select your phone
- Confirm the pairing request on your phone. As soon as you confirm that, your Meilan is connected with your phone via Bluetooth
Navigating komoot Tours on Meilan
The Meilan M1 functions as a display, which means that the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the M1 has to be established during the whole Tour. Starting the navigation on your phone on the komoot app will automatically start the navigation on the Meilan, too.
Note: The navigation instructions on the Meilan are provided by komoot and mirror the instructions you find in the komoot app on your phone.
- If starting the navigation on the phone doesn't start the navigation on the device automatically, check if your devices supports WiFi connection and if so, turn it off to ensure a stable Bluetooth connection.
- Check if the navigation has stopped on the phone.
- To rule out Bluetooth connection problems, disconnect and connect Bluetooth again.
- If your phone doesn't support the Bluetooth "peripheral mode" you can transfer the Tours manually to your device. This article explains how to: Import and export of GPX files
Articles in this section