Troubleshooting komoot on Garmin
When you use komoot on your Garmin there are some issues that can occur while setting up the connection. For example bluetooth issues, trouble logging in, or transferring Tours between komoot and your device. Here are the most common issues and some tips for solving them.
Note: Navigation is only possible if the relevant region is unlocked in your komoot profile.
Connection and downloading issues
The most common problems occur in relation to the connection and synchronization between the komoot app on the phone and the komoot app for Garmin on the device. Bluetooth is used for the connection between the devices as well as the synchronization. Therefore, it is important to ensure a stable Bluetooth connection.
Indications of an unstable Bluetooth connection could include a Tour not downloading, a message on the Garmin asking you to connect, or the IQ icon appearing on the Garmin device screen along with an exclamation mark.
What you can do:
- Turn off Wi-Fi on phone and Garmin.
- Place your device and your phone closer to each other.
- Refresh the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting it a few times.
- Delete and reinstall the komoot app for Garmin, the Garmin Connect app and the komoot app.
- Update your apps, your phone software and your device firmware. For example an old software version of your device may be incompatible with a new version of komoot. Please read the section below: Updating Garmin software.
Tip: A list of Garmin error messages can be found here.
If none of these tips help, please contact customer support and provide the name and software version of your device, as well as which phone you use. Include the software version of your phone and the version of komoot, which can be found here: Profile () > Settings () > App Settings.
Connecting to the wrong account
If the connections seems to be set up correctly, but your komoot Tours don’t show up in your komoot app for Garmin or they get transferred from your Garmin to komoot but not from komoot to your Garmin, you might have accidentally connected your Garmin device to another komoot account to the one you’re currently logged into.
The easiest way to resolve this issue is to disconnect your device from your account and reconnect it. Find out how to disconnect komoot from Garmin.
Note: Make sure you connected the Garmin account with the correct komoot account. To check that you find the email address in the app: Profile () > Settings () > Profile Information or in the account settings on the website.
Logging in with Facebook on the komoot app for Garmin
Facebook login is not supported with the komoot app for Garmin. If you use the Facebook login to access your komoot account on the komoot webpage, you won’t have a password to use to log in on the komoot app for Garmin. To log on, set a password on the website.
Open komoot.com via a browser and go to your profile settings (or by clicking More () > Settings). There you will be able to see your email address and choose a password for your account. You can use this email and password to log into the komoot app for Garmin.
Updating the komoot app for Garmin
If you use the Garmin Connect IQ app, it should update the komoot app for Garmin automatically when you sync the device. If this is not the case, you have several options to update the app manually:
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your phone, then open the list of devices and click on Activities and apps. Select the Update option next to the komoot app.
- If you use Garmin Express on your PC, connect the device to the computer to update the komoot app.
- You can also open the komoot app in the Garmin Connect IQ store on your phone. By following the link you will be directed to the Garmin Connect IQ app. If an update is available you'll find an Update button.
Updating Garmin software
The software of your Garmin should be updated on a regular basis, since Garmin also develops their software and corrects errors. In order to update your Garmin software you can follow the instructions on this Garmin webpage.
Articles in this section
- The komoot app for Garmin devices
- Disable komoot/ Garmin Courses synchronization
- Deleting komoot Tours from a Garmin device
- Komoot app for Garmin: Navigate and update Tours (manually)
- Komoot app for Garmin: Installation and connecting the accounts
- Komoot app for Garmin: "Send to Device" feature – Transfer Tours to Garmin and update them while navigating
- Komoot features available in the komoot App for Garmin
- Use komoot Tours with Garmin Courses Sync integration
- Garmin devices compatible with komoot
- Importing GPX- or FIT files manually to Garmin