When you use komoot on your Garmin there are some issues that can occurs while setting up the connection, like for example bluetooth issues, trouble logging in or transferring Tours between komoot and your device. Below you find the most common issues and some tips how to solve them.
Connection and Downloading issues
The most common problems that people are facing are related to the connection or Tour synchronization between the komoot app on your phone and the Garmin device. The connection as well as the Tour synchronization is done via bluetooth, which is unfortunately quite and unstable connection and breaks off from time to time.
An indication of an unstable bluetooth connection can for example be a Tour not downloading, an error message on your Garmin asking you to establish a connection or when you see the IQ Symbol together with an exclamation mark on the screen of your Garmin.
What you can do:
- Place your device and your phone close to each other.
- Connect and disconnect the connection a few times to refresh it.
- Delete and reinstall the Garmin komoot app, the Garmin Connect app and the komoot app
- Update your apps, the software of your phone and the firmware of your device. For example can an old software version of your device is no longer be compatible with a new komoot version. Please read in the section below how to update the firmware of your Garmin.
If none of these tips helps you, please contact us, providing the name and software version of your device, as well as which phone you use together with its software version and the version of komoot.
Connecting to the wrong account
If the connections seems to be set up correctly, but your komoot Tours don’t show up in your Garmin Connect app or they get transferred from your Garmin to komoot but not from komoot to your Garmin, you might have accidentally connected your Garmin device to another komoot account than the one you are logged in at the moment.
The easiest way to resolve this issue is to disconnect your device from your account and connect it again. Be aware that it is only possible to connection one device at a time to one komoot account only. If you might have other devices connected to the same komoot account, please disconnect those. How to disconnect you can read here: Disconnecting komoot from Garmin.
Logging in with Facebook on the komoot Garmin app
We don’t support the Facebook login with the komoot Garmin app. If you use the Facebook login to access your komoot account on our komoot webpage, you will not have a password, which you can use to log in on the Garmin komoot app.You can still log in by setting a password on our website. Open komoot.de via a usual browser window, go to your profile settings by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner. There you will be able to see your email address and choose a password for your account. Afterwards you can use this email and password to log into the komoot Garmin app.
Updating the komoot Garmin app
If you use the Garmin Connect IQ app, it should update the komoot app automatically when you sync the device. If this is not the case, you have several options to update the app manually:
- You can open the Garmin Connect App on the phone, then open the list of devices and click on Activities and apps. Next to the Komoot app will be an Update label.
- If you use Garmin Express on your PC, just connect the device to the computer, this will also update the komoot app.
- You can also open the link to the komoot app in the Garmin Connect IQ store on your phone and see the update button there, if an update is available.
Updating Garmin software
The software of your Garmin should be updated on a regular basis, since Garmin develops their software and corrects errors as well. In order to update your Garmin software you can follow the instructions on this Garmin webpage.