We recommend the following settings on your Samsung watch in order to ensure that the komoot app can run smoothly with it. Some of these settings are required for certain features of the app. For example, if you try to start a navigation without your GPS location enabled, you will get an error message.
These settings have to be enabled for the komoot app to work.
- Go to Settings > Connection > Location and turn on GPS location (not only your wireless location).
- Go to Settings > Apps > Permissions > komoot and enable the “Location” toggle here as well. This will give komoot permission to use your GPS location.
We recommend the following settings for a smoother experience with komoot.
- Go to Settings > Display > Time limit of the display and set it to 5 minutes or longer. This means that the komoot app will stay open and the display will not be turned off for a longer period of time.
- Go to Settings > Display > Show the last app and select 1 hour or longer. This means that when you’re using komoot and look at the watch, the komoot app will still be displayed rather than the default watch face.
- Go to Settings > Display and select “Always on watch” to keep the app displayed at all times. This will stop the watch from turning the display off. We only recommend this if you’re using komoot for shorter routes, as this will consume battery. If you’re using your Samsung watch to navigate longer Tours and need to conserve battery life, please refer to the following article: Conserving battery on Samsung watches