Saving battery life
Navigating with a constant GPS connection consumes a lot of power, which unfortunately cannot be prevented. For longer Tours, there are a few tricks to extend the lifetime of your battery:
- The display consumes a lot of power, so use it as little as possible. Voice navigation ensures that you don't have to check the map. On your Android device, you can also use the “Wake up screen” feature, which you find by tapping the speaker icon in the running navigation. You can also dim the brightness of your display as much as possible.
- Turn off synchronizing for unused services, so that they are not constantly updated.
- Listening to music and using other apps also consumes energy. Therefore, only have the most necessary apps open at the same time.
- A powerbank can be used to recharge your battery several times, and thus make sure you have enough battery until you reach the next plug.
- You can also use your phone in flight mode to disable all communication connections with one click. In this case, make sure that you have downloaded the Tour/ Region offline beforehand: Use Komoot offline.
Attention: Since activating flight mode also disconnects mobile data, the following functions will not be available: Automatic replanning, plan a new Tour, editing a Tour, Live-tracking.
Articles in this section