The komoot app for Garmin devices
If you have a compatible Garmin device, you will be able to use the komoot app (also known as the “komoot app for Garmin"), which was developed specifically for Garmin devices and can be downloaded via the Garmin Connect IQ Store as described below. By using the komoot app for Garmin your planned komoot Tours will automatically be transferred to the Garmin device and you can navigate them directly from there. The Tours recorded with the Garmin can also be synchronized with your komoot account. More features of the komoot app for Garmin are outlined here. Check in the list of compatible devices if the komoot app for Garmin is available for your device.
Note: Tours can only be transferred to Garmin if the Tour starts in an unlocked region. This article explains how you can see which regions you have unlocked.
Tip: If you need assistance, for example in turning on or off the vibration signal of your Garmin device, or if you wonder how to automatically replan the Tour during navigation, you will find answers directly in the Garmin Support Center.
Installation and connection
To connect komoot and Garmin, you first need to download the komoot app for Garmin to your Garmin device and then connect your Garmin Connect account and your komoot account as described below.
Tip: Before the first use, your Garmin device must be connected to your smartphone via the Garmin Connect app, as described here.
Installing the komoot app for Garmin
- Download the komoot app for Garmin to your Garmin device via the Garmin Connect IQ Store. You can find out how to do this in the Garmin Support Center.
- Depending on which Garmin device you are using, open the komoot app for Garmin via the IQ-icon and select "Komoot" or find "Komoot" among the installed apps.
- Enter the code you see on your Garmin device on this website www.komoot.com/connect. Attention: It is not possible to enter the code in the app.
If you have not yet logged in to your komoot account on the website, log in with the same email address that you see in the komoot app on your phone under Profile () > Settings () > Profile Info. If you are already logged in, make sure that the email address on the website and in the komoot app on your phone are the same.
Establish the connection
Should you not automatically be taken to the Garmin Connect login page after entering the Garmin code on the komoot website (see Installing the komoot app), go to More () > Settings > Connections > Connect with Garmin.
- Log in with your Garmin Connect credentials, whereby you agree to the data transfer.
- Activate the Activities button if you want to synchronize your Tours from Garmin to komoot and/or Courses if you want to transfer your planned komoot Tours to your Garmin. Confirm your selection by hitting Save. Read more about this here.
- Accept the data transfer by clicking Agree.
- Finally, allow Garmin to access your komoot account by clicking Grant Access.
Now the connection is established.
Note: Ensure a stable Bluetooth connection between your Garmin device and your phone. Disable WiFi if necessary, as it may interfere with the Bluetooth connection.
Attention: Only one komoot account can be connected to a Garmin account. After connecting, you can add different Garmin devices to your Garmin account. This allows you to transfer komoot Tours to multiple Garmin devices.
Navigate komoot Tours on Garmin
In the komoot app on your Garmin, you will find the list of your planned komoot Tours. You can navigate them as described here:
- Go to your planned Tours in the komoot app on the Garmin.
- Select the Tour you want to navigate.
- Depending on your device, click on Start Navigation or Start in the komoot App for Garmin.
- Activate the Offline switch.
For GPS devices, this will download the Tour to the Courses folder on the Garmin device and can then be navigated via the Garmin interface.
Some Garmin watches have the option to choose between the komoot interface and the Garmin interface for navigation. For supported Garmin watches that do not have a navigation functionality by themselves, navigation will be possible via the komoot app for Garmin by using the komoot interface.
Note: Which interface is available for your device is listed in the list of compatible devices.
Currently you can only download and navigate planned Tours, and not Tours that are saved as completed Tours in your komoot profile.
Updating Tours on the Garmin device
If you have changed a komoot Tour that has already been downloaded to your Garmin, these changes will not automatically appear in the Tour on the Garmin. If you open the Tour in your planned Tours on the Garmin, on most devices you will find an Updated button.
Tip: If the Updated button does not appear on your Garmin device, close the komoot app for Garmin and open it again.
Deleting Tours from a Garmin device
If you want to delete a downloaded komoot Tour from your Garmin, you can reset the Offline switch in the respective Tour. This will delete the Tour from the courses folder on your Garmin. Alternatively, you have the option to delete the Tours manually by connecting your Garmin device to your computer with a cable and deleting the Tour from the courses folder.
Note: The name of the courses folder may vary depending on the Garmin device and firmware version. For example:
In this article you will learn which features are available in the komoot app for Garmin.
Common errors and error messages
This article describes troubleshooting tips and here's an article about common error messages on the Garmin.
Articles in this section
- The komoot app for Garmin devices
- Komoot app for Garmin: Navigate and update Tours
- Komoot app for Garmin: Installation and connecting the accounts
- Komoot app for Garmin: Send komoot Tours to Garmin and update them while navigating
- Komoot features available in the komoot App for Garmin
- Use komoot Tours with Garmin Courses Sync integration
- Garmin devices compatible with komoot
- Importing GPX- or FIT files manually to Garmin
- Disconnecting komoot from Garmin
- Troubleshooting komoot on Garmin